Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  24 members  ·  Free

Star Wars

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens confirmed for 2015 as Disney buys Lucasfilm

Guest ScottyB

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could just read the "Plot" section on each of the Wikipedia entries for the individual films and be up to speed on exactly what's happened, etc.

As you've said; the basic gist of the stories is so well known and ingrained in popular culture, you can walk into this one with all you probably need to know.

On the contrary, how many people REALLY know the story though? I can see people knowing the whole Anakin to Vader process and where Luke/Leia/Obi Wan etc. come in but how about things like the Clone Wars, Order 66, the rise of Palpatine that not many people will know about? Although like Chris said, I doubt they'll go and alienate new viewers by referencing such events to a wide extent but I guess it's just me and many others who want to persuade people to watch the whole Star Wars saga to "understand" it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, so this post contains what could be construed as a massive spoiler, so you know what to do if you don't want anything spoiled for yourselves, right? Good.

So Marvel and Lucasfilm are currently 6 issues deep into their new Star Wars comic book, which has been confirmed as canon by the people at Lucasfilm. Well in Issue 6 something...strange happens.

So it turns out that Han Solo has a wife. Don't forget, these comics are set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, so this could well mean that Han's been doing the dirty behind his wife's back with Leia this whole time. Gasp.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/star-wars-comic-expands-universe-with-major-surprise

• 1 month later...

Here's the Comic-Con reel they showed.

Also in some news updates with Rogue One starting production in a few weeks in which the bounty hunters Boba Fett, Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss und 4-LOM, IG-88 and Cad Bane from The Clone Wars will make appearances.

The second anthology film will surround Han Solo's origins and the third, which may actually be part of the Han Solo film features Boba Fett's origins. That being said, I've also seen an image of a film called Kenobi: The Balance of the Force.

• 3 months later...
Guest Jayfunk
I am not going to say it, but you know its there and its still annoying, i was a little underwhelmed by the trailer but i am trying not to get to hyped i did that for Episode 1 and we know how that worked out

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Yodahew

comicbook.com have a bunch of new set photos and one of them is the moment in the trailer where we first saw the new lightsaber. and Kylo Ren has his helmet off.

PS Kylo Ren is the name of the new 'sith' right?

I don't think he's supposed to be of the "Sith Order" but he's part of the Knights of Ren, which is somewhat of a "fan group" for Darth Vader.

I'm excited, 34 days left. I've got tickets for the midnight premiere and another set for a few days later. :D

PS Kylo Ren is the name of the new 'sith' right?
He's not a Sith; he's with the Knights of Ren and is (for lack of a better term) a Sith wannabe, hence the homemade lightsaber and the homage-to-Vader outfit.

He does seem to have strong Force-powers though, so it'll be interesting to see if they pull a John Harrison or a Franz Oberhauser in an attempt at misdirection.

Guest Yodahew
He's not a Sith; he's with the Knights of Ren and is (for lack of a better term) a Sith wannabe, hence the homemade lightsaber and the homage-to-Vader outfit.

He does seem to have strong Force-powers though, so it'll be interesting to see if they pull a John Harrison or a Franz Oberhauser in an attempt at misdirection.

I wasnt sure what order he related to tbh. I knew he wasnt a real 'sith' at the very least hence why I put it in quotations. Thanks for the clarification @DC & @Shaun2J

• 4 weeks later...

• Join the beta!

Become a member and help bring fan communities back to life!

• Latest Club Activity