Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  24 members  ·  Free

Star Wars

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens confirmed for 2015 as Disney buys Lucasfilm

Guest ScottyB

Guest John Hancock

Look how easy it was for them! Your weakness appalls me. You try to front, but show you a CGI X-Wing and the panties come off.

You don't get to make three and a half shitty movies in a row and have me excited off the back of a minute of stock "Woooooosh" shots of random, vaguely Star Wars-y things happening. We're at a point now where most Star Wars films have been bad. You don't get the good will it takes for me to give a shit about a trailer with that track record.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the small minority who actually didn't hate 1, 2 & 3. I didn't see anything wrong with them but that could just be me personally.

EDIT: I say could just be me personally, it most likely is just me personally :lol

Look how easy it was for them! Your weakness appalls me. You try to front, but show you a CGI X-Wing and the panties come off.

You don't get to make three and a half shitty movies in a row and have me excited off the back of a minute of stock "Woooooosh" shots of random, vaguely Star Wars-y things happening. We're at a point now where most Star Wars films have been bad. You don't get the good will it takes for me to give a shit about a trailer with that track record.

http://i.imgur.com/1VHHIiU.jpg

You need to go into Yoda's cave and fight the dark aspects of your soul. You let the Prequel debacle blind you from the potential awesomeness that WILL come with this film. Accept it, Johnny! You know it to be true!

I can see we're not gonna be able to change each other's minds here. I blindly cling to the childlike idea that it will be good and you'd rather wait and see for yourself before believing any hype. That's fair.

In a year or so we will know either way. My only hope is that we both enjoy it for the same reasons. Only time will tell.

Guest The Beltster
I've never watched Star Wars, any of them, apart from seeing bits and pieces of them when they were literally always on TV at Christmas when I was a kid in the 80's, but that looked pretty cool with the things flying over the water. Whats with that robot ball thing though? Is that R3CP3O or whatever? He looks annoying. And the life saver (yeah, thats what we all grew up calling them if you didn't watch Star Wars so f*ck off!) sword deal was cool.

http://i.imgur.com/1VHHIiU.jpg

You need to go into Yoda's cave and fight the dark aspects of your soul. You let the Prequel debacle blind you from the potential awesomeness that WILL come with this film. Accept it, Johnny! You know it to be true!

Yoda was a secret Sith, so he'll only help turn J-Rock into Darth-Rock.

Guest John Hancock
I so hoped the "J-Rock" nickname would die with TWOStars. Now it has no context it looks even more like I willingly gave myself the grossest nickname ever.

I will never let it die, seen as we have never met my only point of reference for you is Rockefeller so therefore you will always be J-Rock to me.

As for the films, to be honest, as big as a Star Wars fan as I am, half of Jedi was pap (Ewoks) as well as the premise being lazy (just build another Death Star but then have them attack it when it was half built therefore easier to destroy and this time I'll actually be on it like a tit), The Phantom Menace took too long to get to the point and actually get rolling and when it did we had Jar-Jar (f**k you Jar-Jar!!!), Clones was alright in an ideal world BUT we had to put up with that wooden plank as Anakin (and in real life he gets to marry Rachel Bilson and never pull out! OH I HATE HIM) and Revenge was again, ok, maybe the third best film, but it was ruined from meeting its potential again by some wooden ass acting from Hayden Assface and Ewan McGregor plus some stale stilted dialogue.

Lucas is a bit of a hack who got lucky - the best film in the series is also one he has the least to do with so hopefully, seen as this one has nearly naff all to do with him, it will give us all the awe struck feeling that New Hope and Empire Strikes Back did.

Or it could prove, that like Police Academy before it, maybe seven films is a bridge too far.

http://i.imgur.com/RCYC22b.gif
I don't know if it's down to not-quite-finished CGI or intentional aesthetic design, but I love how the Sith lightsaber appears to be ragged, particularly the crossguard section. It gives it an almost home-made look.

I don't know if it's down to not-quite-finished CGI or intentional aesthetic design, but I love how the Sith lightsaber appears to be ragged, particularly the crossguard section. It gives it an almost home-made look.

Yeah it's supposed to be. The cross guard Lightsaber is a very old design in the expanded universe. Seems to me someone is messing with some very ancient tech...

• Join the beta!

Become a member and help bring fan communities back to life!

• Latest Club Activity