Fan Clubs | beta

What are your thoughts on Bret Favre giving up the sport of football?

Guest Bionic powers

I'll be quite dissapointed if he goes, he's one of my favourite players in that position. I'd like him to play on a few more years for his team, he can still help them be victorious in their league and other competions.

Did I fool you?

Guest Fiona
I watched the news conference and he was really choked up but he has given 16 years to to NFL and now he believes it's time for him to go. I think we will see him come back in a scouting or a possible managment position in the next little while.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Not being a fan of the Packers (i'm one of the Raider Nation myself :P) this retirment doesn't really bother me that much. Favre has been a great QB for many many years no doubt and the Packers are really going to miss him but for me the news is not that important

Guest Da Showstoppa
I have a passing interest in Gridiron (I point blank refuse to acknowledge it as "football") and I believe he's quite a big wheel over there - still it'll open up a spot for a new player to become a star. The Broncos had a similar thing when Elway went.

Guest Laffy
As a packers fan i am split yes he was getting on but he was the heart of the team and at times kept us going. He was not as good last year but he is one of my favourite players and will respect him and wish him all the best. Wish he could have finished on a high!

Guest The Beltster
American Football is a load of old bollocks, as it most American sports. Hockey sucks, Baseball sucks...NBA is sweet!

He was not as good last year

Last year was actually his best year in the past 3 or 4. He had been declining steadily which is why each year the retirement rumours kept cropping up. This year he was almost back to his best but he stated that he had to work harder than ever to maintain that level which he just doesn't want to do anymore.

It's funny that when you read reports they mention how he holds just about every passing record there is, yet they rarely mention he is also the all time leader in interceptions, which kind of shows how erratic he could be at times.

No doubt one of the great QB's of all time though and I just hope his retirement is for good rather than seeing him try to come back when hes clearly not the same a la Jordan etc

Guest Da Showstoppa
American Football is a load of old bollocks, as it most American sports. Hockey sucks, Baseball sucks...NBA is sweet!

Hockey is great fun to watch - violence! :devil

Guest The Beltster
NBA sucks, it's a girls sport played by lanky black men!
Why is it a girls sport...and what does the height or colour of the participants have to do with anything?!

You either like it or you dont, but I can assure you that the height, weight or colour of NFL and NHL players isnt the reason I think those sports are complete crap! :lol

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Why is it a girls sport
Its just Netball with a beefed up name :lol

Now Baseball; there you have a sport that doesn't resemble one that is played by girls at school... oh wait :P

Guest The Beltster

Its funny, I remember when I started playing basketball about 17 years ago, I thought this is gonna be easy, no contact, I'll p*ss it...and I got barged and hacked and elbowed and kneed and shoved and everything else...and after playing for years, coming home with broken fingers and toes, broken nose, chipped teeth, black eyes, split lips and eyebrows, bruises and a vast array of other things, my Grandparents still say "Its no contact, dont be a baby!" :lol

Basketball just has a really strong rep for being a wimpy game, but I've been hurt way more playing that over 17 years than I ever was wrestling or playing rugby. There is something scary about a 6'10" 20 stone man flying at you full speed.

• Join the early access

Become a member to join your favorite fan clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity