Fan Clubs (beta)

GTA: Vice City

Guest Feenix

Guest Feenix

This game looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing. Here's what's written on the official site.......

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

Having just made it back onto the streets of Liberty City after a long stretch in maximum security, Tommy Vercetti is sent to Vice City by his old boss, Sonny Forelli. They were understandably nervous about his re-appearance in Liberty City, so a trip down south seemed like a good idea. But all does not go smoothly upon his arrival in the glamorous, hedonistic metropolis of Vice City. He's set up and is left with no money and no merchandise. Sonny wants his money back, but the biker gangs, Cuban gangsters, and corrupt politicians stand in his way. Most of Vice City seems to want Tommy dead. His only answer is to fight back and take over the city himself.

From the decade of big hair, excess and pastel suits comes a story of one man's rise to the top of the criminal pile as Grand Theft Auto returns to the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system this October. Vice City is a huge urban sprawl ranging from the beach to the swamps and the glitz to the ghetto, and is the most varied, complete and alive digital city ever created. Combining non-linear gameplay with a character driven narrative, you arrive in a town brimming with delights and degradation and are given the opportunity to take it over as you choose.

As a major gateway to South America and the Caribbean and attracting migrants, Vice City is brimming with diverse characters, so there's a friend for everyone. It is a sociable place and the new guy in town is sure to meet all manner of friendly people in the sunshine capital of America. Athletes, pop stars, real estate developers, politicians, trailer trash, everyone is moving to Vice City to find out what makes it the number one growth city in America. But, as Tommy quickly finds out, trust is still the rarest of commodities.

Vice City offers vehicular pleasures to suit every taste. For the speed enthusiast, there's high-performance cars and motorbikes. For the sportsman, a powerboat or a golf buggy lets you enjoy the great outdoors. For those that need that sense of freedom and escape, why not charter a helicopter and see the beauty of Vice City from the air?

As the party capital of America, you would expect your ears to be seduced by a host of sultry melodies and pumping beats, but the city is truly rocking. You'll be AMAZED as you sweep the through Vice City's FM dial. If you are feeling like trouble, you can tune into some driving rock, or some crucial electro, or maybe you want to slow down with some sweet soul, and there will always be some great romantic anthems if you want to really take your mind off things.

For the action man, or outdoors type, there's tons of fun things to do and adventures to be had… guaranteed. For the secretive or creepy type, Vice City is full of surprises, a place where you'll constantly be surprised by the vivacious, fun-loving types who live there and the things you can discover.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is the most diverse and ambitious piece of interactive entertainment yet created. The game is developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games.

cool :devil

Guest Latino Reheat

If it offered true freedom, you'd be able to do ANYTHNG and enter every building.

Would just love to walk into a bank and raid it in the GTA universe, would be much fun !

It could be done, but I doubt they'd be willing to spend that much time on it, as most games developers nowadays would rather churn a game out in a few months then take their time.

Look at Halo 2, not coming out until next year, which means a whole year and a half will have been spent on it, now that should make the game better then the first !

Guest Seabass

at last their gonna put motorbikes in the game and helicoptors

imagne it- [seabass in helicopter]- "come catch me now suckers"

and the chance to make freinds, sleep with them, and beat them up to get your cash back

i doubt this willbe game fo the year but it should be one hell of a game

There's lots of videos and media at IGN.com. This game looks incredible, and it's hard to see how Rockstar can fail to make it the number one game at Christmas time.

Well there is some pretty tough competition PS2 wise this Christmas, Tekken 4, Tomb Raider, Pro Evolution 2, Smackdown! SYM and Devil May Cry 2.

• 2 months later...
Grand theft Auto-Vice city is out Friday and i for one cant wait!Theyve added motorbikes,more malls u can go in,lots of new phrases by the characters,aswell as all the island being open from the beginning of the game.I really enjoyed their last offering and have already reserved my copy,as i think there will be a big demand with christmas just round the corner!Is anyone else gonna be buying it?

Guest Seabass

damn- i thought it was out this monday..oh well.

yeah it's gonna rule. can't wait to ride a helicopter / tank causing mayham, listening to michael Jackson, while pervivng some some virtual bikini wearing ladies

to answer your question- your damn right i'm buying this. to not buy it would be criminal

did you know you can buy property in the game... they become your new save points- how sweet is that

Guest Skullmonkey

Well being on the other side of the pond, I got mine on Tues., and all I have to say is be ready to give up a good chuck of your free time.

If you liked GTA III then this one will just blow you away. :D

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
it will be cool buying property and goin into shops and takin out your anger, andflying about on mopeds, i can reanact me crashing my friends the other day:?

Guest Seabass

tomorrow is gonna freakin rule- just have to endure 3 hours of college, a hellish bus trip back home and then i can go on living my dream of riding a helicopter while yelling "if you excuse me suckas, i'm gonna kiss the skies"

>sigh< if only real life was like GTA

Managed to get a copy of GTA Vice City today!:)and so far,so good.Ive completed some missions,rode on a scooter and motorbike,been up the escalators in the mall,been in the sea!climbed to the top of a lighthouse and done insane stunts off a building site!,also have hacked up some fella with a chainsaw:D,all this in a few hours,wow,there will not be enough hours in the day.The eighties soundtrack is rather cool too!

Hmmm...After about 3-4 years of using Gameplay, I finally run into a problem with them.

I got up this morning at around 11am, and there was no GTA:VC with the post. I phoned them up at 12pm and asked about it. The women was helpful, but for whatever reason, my pre-order wasn't processed, so I had to order it again. It'll be another day or two before I get the game.

Still, it won't put me off using Gameplay again. Just count yourself lucky that you're able to play as Mr Vercetti, while I sit at home and cry into my lunch. :(

Guest Seabass

i had to got through hell and brimstone to get my copy today- let me tell you a story (get a cup of coffee if you think your gonna be bored to sleepdon)

Well today almost ended in disaster. I went to Game (in bedford) and showed my pre-order recipt "great" i thought accept they said I needed photographic ID, i was heartbroken (and angry). even though I had a paper that proved i was 18 it had was not a photographic ID and so i left- walking in the rain. Anyhoo I thought of having to be toutured of not owning the game while having to sit though 3 hours of college- well thankfully there was no class (bunch of students turned up, saw the door was locked and went home lol), being dismissed by the teacher, I dashed to the bus station and just caught my bus in time i sat thinking what I was gonna do...that's when i prayed.

I got to milton keynes and dashed to the nearest Game store- they send the same thing as the guy in Bedford said.

Getting p***ed off i went to the next game when all of a sudden I bumped into a friend (if you can call him that lol) who I would least thought would help me - lets just say I find him annoying and he's a bit dodgy (but i don't hate him) well he asked was I gonna buy GTA:VC, i told him my problem and he said he'll buy it, I was surprised but seized the moment (though I kept a close eye on him when i gave him my money to but it). after a couple of tense mintues he emerged with the game. he said he owed me (like hell i'm gonna pay him back) and we left are seperate ways.

moral of the story- GOD loves GTA:VC

Guest Michaels
I got the last copy in Bedford today I reckon. Went to Game, that was the first shop I went to. Sold out, yesterday they sold 280 copies or something, they're getting more on Tuesday. Like **** am I going to wait that long! Went to Woolworths, also sold out. Went to Virgin, sold out. Went to MVC, sold out. Went to Electronic Boutique, sold out. Went to WH Smith and I got the last copy. They didn't have it out like all the other shops so I went to the till and asked for it like I did in all the other shops and she looked for it. She found the disc but not the cover, after 10 minutes she found the cover, manual everything - I dished out 40 quid and went home a happy man!

Originally posted by Skullmonkey

VRock is the best radio station ever. Now if only I could talk Lazlow into working on a real radio station....

Umm... Lazlow does work on a real radio station somewhere in America.Forgot what it's called though. He also has his own website Lazlow

Anyway, I got Vice City today and I have to say. It, is, brilliant. I've already unlocked the whole city (not including insides of buildings. umm... can't find where the damn helicopters are though. I'm gonna go now to play it some more....

I found two helicopters on top of tall buildings in "Downtown".its hard to describe whereabouts but its down a side street by where the hells angels hang out,just round the bend from there is some grass and palm trees etc,follow some steps that lead to a ramp to the top of a building,sorry its a bit vague but im still finding my way around the game!when you are flying over the city in the one helicopter u should spot another helicopter on top of another building,happy flying!!

• Join the beta!

Become a member and help bring fan communities back to life!

• Latest Club Activity