Fan Clubs (beta)

Does the GTA series still appeal to you?

Guest Russ

I read that bit slimjim, but you sad that it wasnt original and steals stuf from other games which it doesnt.

I read that bit slimjim' date=' but you sad that it wasnt original and steals stuf from other games which it doesnt.[/quote']

Of course it does! Mario was swimming and flying years ago. And pretty much the whole 'free-roaming' genre was first done by the Italian plumber.

If I'm honest, I've never really liked any of the GTA games, but I can see why others do, it's just not my cup of tea. But even GTA fan boys can't take-away from the fact, that if GTA was just a driving game or just a flying game or just a 3rd person shooter/platformer, it would be sub par. The thing which makes it so liked, in my opinion, is that you can do a number of things in just the one game, that glosses over the fact, that each element couldn't survive on it's own.

Working out at the gym

Controllable eating habits of your choice

Choice of clothing

Choice of hair style

Do these things really add anything to the GTA experience?

I think the Hair Styles and Clothing Choices are good additions to the GTA world, but the eating part makes it look like the sims. Next they'll have you needing to go to the loo every few hours. Just keep the Hair styles and clothing, so they can ditch the rest

Guest Slim Jim

The eating thing is the only thing I didn't like about San Andreas. I like the idea of being able to choose if your fat or thin (so eat a lot and you get fat, or work out to get ripped), but I don't think they should have made the eating a nececity.

I read that bit slimjim' date=' but you sad that it wasnt original and steals stuf from other games which it doesnt.[/quote']

It does steal stuff, but in a good way.

Guest Anime Otaku
Rockstar are the Quentin Tarantino of videogames :D they even reference movies in their games

Guest Anime Otaku
the next GTA to be released will be a PSP version of GTA3 as for the next console version who knows, hopefully it will be a bit smaller than SA though as it's map was a big for me, also a bit easier as i got stuck very early on

Guest Slim Jim
the next GTA to be released will be a PSP version of GTA3 as for the next console version who knows' date=' hopefully it will be a bit smaller than SA though as it's map was a big for me, also a bit easier as i got stuck very early on[/quote']

It's going to be different than gta 3. Liberty City Stories is just set in the same place as GTA3.

I wouldn't put it past them to do the whole planet next time and make it an MMOGTA.

Guest ECW rules

ive played all the gta games for the playstation 2 and i have completed them all. i didnt like the gta games for the ps1 cos of the rubbish camera view. i am not getting sick of the grand theft autos and i realy do hope that they bring out another but i think the next gta game will be for the ps3 and xbox2 when they come out.

gta games are like all the games into 1 you can do just about everything on it.

Guest Slim Jim

Well ECW rules, we already know that the next one is for PSP.

The first two + london where great. The whole idea was for the camera view - it was meant to recreate the classic police chases you see on tv - but it sometimes got annoying not being able to see where you were going.

What can Rock* add to the GTA games that haven'tbeen in the others?

You play a gangster. It is going to be full of driving, and shooting basically. I don't see what else they can add. Sure the small things, like car modding are good, but it's hardly revolutionary. They need to change the style of the game, but with it being a gangster game, there is nothing to add.

They need to find something new to add. What that is (if anything), I don't know frankly.

Maybe GTA3 was tooo good. It could be a victim of it's own success, because it has left the next 2 lacking the spark GTA3 had.

When GTA comes out for PS3, and xBox360, it will have nothing new either. Having more areas to go, and more tiny add-ons isn't enough.

Guest Slim Jim
The thing is though, in my and many others opinions, it doesn't need anything revolutionary added to it. They could just take GTA 3, change the map a bit and it would still sell gagillions of copies. It's a basic formula that really works and they just add little bits and pieces here and there to give some variation. It is a "gangsta" game. It's all about the "gangsta" life style performing Grand Theft Auto and the like. It's great.

Guest Anime Otaku
the best thing they sould do for it i think is have it be like you are working in an organised crime syndicate and have you going all over the world or have you really being able to work from being a lowly gangbanger to being head of a gang and actually being abel to have control over the actions of the entire gang, but that would make it a different thing all together

• 3 weeks later...
Guest charlie MFkin parker

lost all appeal to me, the last one i enjoyed was 3, vice city and san andreas sucked, to repetative, the levels were TOO BIG, far too much driving... and when you lost a mission you had to driva ALL THE WAY BACK to where it started, why not just make a shortcut in the pause menu, sheesh!

(post over)

• Join the beta!

Become a member and help bring fan communities back to life!

• Latest Club Activity