Fan Clubs (beta)

GTA: San Andreas

Guest Jack

Guest Anime Otaku
since getting used to using the analogue sticks on PS2 and GC to control games i love it, the sticks are far more accurate when you get used to them, the D-pad is dead as a control meathod as it is mostly on or off not as subtle as the analogues

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good. Can't wait for it to be relesed. Is it true that you can get into the back of cars on this one? I heard you can but i didn't know how much truth is behind it.

Guest Peter
:xyx Totally agree Tsu/Cactus, not having the option to use the direction pad is an absolute bugger, I've got MOH Rising Sun but I've gotten very little gameplay out of it mainly due to the fact its a nightmare moving around with the analogue stick, and I've tried getting to grips with the controls but I just haven't got the patience to work around a shite control system. Would it really be that hard to let the player choose between analogue/direction pad? It would save a hell of a lot of bother.

Guest Anime Otaku
peter are we playing the same game??????!!!! i love moh's controls, though i have the GC version not PS2 but still i think the controls on MOH have always been good

Guest Peter
Well I hate the controls for MOH, I've tried and tried and tried to get used to them, but I can't! So MOH now stays on my shelf gathering dust.

I dont like the analogue system but if you think about it, the games would be poor without it.

A major reason I dont like the X-Box is its huge controller but it seems the PS2 could be going that way also.

Does anyone know if GTA: SA will be out for X-Box? If so, when?

Yep spot on Cactus. I have always preffered the D-Pad to analogue and in older games they give you a choice but not anymore :(

Guest rvd_king
isnt the story about carls mum geting murdered and he comes back to find out who killed her 2 find out that his brother is in the leading gang of san andreas and he battles against him i seen loads of screenshots for da game ( including the one where your fat) and it looks cool

Here you go rvd_king

Carl was living in Los Santos when his brother Brian died in a tragic incident, and he moved to Liberty City for five years. Carl's older brother, Sweet Johnson, blamed Carl for Brian's death. When Carl's mother dies, he returns to go the funeral there. When he gets back he meets up with the old crew, the Orange Grove Families which are falling apart. Sweet Johnson, and his sister Kendall, are already at each other's throats. The old members of the Orange Grove Families: Sweet, friend Smoke, and Ryder, have lost control of the streets. Other gangs are after them, and their also having problems within the gang itself. The gang then falls under the power of two corrupt policeman named Frank Tenpenny and Eddie Polaski. It's now Carl's job to regain control of the streets and regain power.

Yeh I suppose youd be safer doing that. Its be a great idea for Kam if he could get products as early as this guy for Shopping Navigator.

I have never really trusted to be online so Ill be buying mine from either of the places Cactus listed.

Guest Peter
Popsi - it will most likely be out on the PC early 2005, if not slightly earlier, as GTA VC was out on PS2 at a similar time to when SA will be released on PS2, and VC was released on PC early 2003.

Yeh early 2005 Im pretty sure. BUT Im sure some PS2 converter thingys (sorry I cant remember the real name for it) and you put your PS2 game in and with the software it works fine. Non have been made yet but I expect some soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Seabass

Some of you may have known about the clothes system and the robbery side missions, but don't have too much info on it, while some of you haven't even heard of it. Well taken from CVG's website, here's what's goin down in GTA: SA

Clothes System

....Here's how things will work: people are always judged on how they look and San Andreas proves no exception. As a result, CJ's hair and clothing are important factors which affect the degree of respect which everyone shows toward him and Rockstar have just given us some intriguing details on how this will work in-game.

Of course we could re-write all for you, but we're sure you'd much rather hear it straight from the horse's mouth, although we have changed the quaint US spellings and the silly sub-heads naturally, are our own.

Short back and sides?

There are several barbershops located throughout San Andreas. In Los Santos, Reece's barbershop is part of the neighbourhood. Inside the barbershop, CJ sits in the chair and checks his reflection, he can select from a number of different looks for both his hairstyle and his facial hair. If he has enough money, CJ can get the cut of his choice.

The sharper CJ looks, the more he is respected. The women of San Andreas will take notice of it, as will the gangs - rivals will be a bit more wary and CJ will command a bit more authority within his own gang, the Orange Grove Families.

Some of the many different looks for CJ include bald, afro, jheri curl and if you look carefully at the screens, you can even check out some Beckham-style cornrows.

Ooh, suits you sir?

Of equal importance to CJ's look and the respect it generates are the clothes he wears. CJ begins the game with a very basic, no-frills pair of pants and t-shirt. As he progresses in the game, his fellow gang members will gain respect for him when CJ successfully completes missions, and will suggest that he start dressing in gang colours.

At first, this means sporting traditional Orange Grove Families colours. Wearing colours has consequences. Other members of the Grove Street Families will respect you more, however, rival gangs and police will be able to tell your allegiances easier.

If you happen to find yourself in Ballas territory or stumble into the middle of a gunfight, the impact of your clothing choices can be significant. Gang colours are not the only choices available to CJ. There are a number of stores in San Andreas that allow CJ to select a full line of clothing choices. New clothes affect the level of respect people have for you. Some missions will even require CJ to be wearing a certain outfit. These are some of the places to shop in San Andreas:

Shop till you drop

Binco

Binco is a discount store found a few blocks away from CJ's cul-de-sac deep in Orange Grove Families' territory. It's a discount store, so the clothing selection is utilitarian and cheap.

Binco features a small selection of low cost clothing. Most people in the Grove will be wearing clothes of the type sold here. The clothing choices are affordable to those in CJ's neighbourhood-and since the Orange Grove Families aren't what they were, expect to find a selection of plaid shirts, khakis and sneakers on a budget. This is a good place for CJ to go after he returns to the grove and needs to wear the colours - but the clothes aren't free and he will need to have enough money to get what he needs. Locals will respect CJ more after he's switched back to more familiar threads.

SubUrban

Located near the Towers in Ganton, SubUrban specializes in a full line of clothing brands, such as Mercury and Base 5.

The selection here is different than Binco. SubUrban favors name-brand apparel popular amongst those in Los Santos with a bit more disposable income, and since the store is located in Ballas territory, it is very popular amongst the gang set.

The colours and clothing choice reflect the neighbourhood, and are priced to reflect the prices one of the more successful gangs in town can afford. Your respect will go up higher than if you were shopping at Binco. At first, CJ might be able to afford one or two items here. As he completes missions, his budget will increase and he will be able to purchase more items. You needn't be a gang member or a Rock Star to shop at SubUrban, but you'll find clothing selection that both would be comfortable wearing.

ProLaps

For a full selection of the ProLaps brand apparel and footwear, head to the flagship store located west of Downtown Los Santos.

ProLaps is the leading choice of athletic gear in San Andreas. The clothes are decidedly more athletic and are the perfect choice to show of CJ's musculature or just to switch his look up with shorts, sneakers, hats and other items. Also, CJ can find some very specific items, motorcycle helmet, boxing headgear, even a hockey mask. Concerned about looking too much like a gang member? The clothing choices here are more mainstream, and though the TRAIN HARD tagline might implore you to work out, the clothes themselves are popular amongst the other inhabitants of San Andreas. The prices are a bit higher here, and CJ will have to earn a good deal of money to afford the pieces offered here.

The price of fame

As CJ attains the material trappings of success - clothes, the right hair, sneakers etc he will gain respect. Women will notice CJ and be more responsive to him, while the men will be wary and in some cases even fear him.

CJ will get to keep all the clothes you buy for him, if you change your mind as to what you want to wear, you don't have to go back and repurchase an outfit after you've changed into something new: just walk into your safe house, go to the closet, and every single piece of clothing you've earned/purchased so far will be there. This provides for a huge amount of customisation, and adds an amazing collecting dynamic for the truly hardcore player. Want to mix and match? Once your wardrobe is stocked, you can change into any combination of shirt, pants, hat, shoes, and accessories as easily as you can save or load a game.

Burglary Side-Missions

...In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, you're going to need to keep close tabs on your wallet. There's a lot to spend money on, and to get where CJ wants to go, you'll need to have plenty of cash coming in. Like in previous Grand Theft Autos, you will sometimes earn money by successfully completing missions, but not always.

Not all missions are the kind of things that you get paid money for, CJ isn't a hired thug and his motivations and rewards are often more complex (involving personal interest, respect, loyalty to family and set) than just cash.

So, for that extra bit of green to make ends meet, side missions have taken on a new level of importance. One of the new ways you can get hold of it is by fencing other people's stuff!

How do they get away with it?

Robbery might be a crime, but you need to know how to do it right. If you don't do it well, you're going to get caught, one way or another. Get away with it, and you'll come off with a pile of cash. For your larcenous habit, there are dozens of places in San Andreas to rob. For example, in Los Santos there are a number of residential houses that can be broken into, most contain a variety of goods that you can make off with and hock to build up your wealth.

So, before you start, you need to plan ahead a little and find yourself a getaway van. Jack a moving truck and hit R3 and you're good to go!

Top tips for burglary addicts

Dress the part: A number of clothing stores sell ski masks, which help to conceal your appearance. Once you have a ski mask, or balaclava, CJ enters a full-time sneak mode. Very handy when trying to keep from making any noise.

Bring the right tools for the job - a lot of people in San Andreas are trusting small-town folk and they often leave their doors unlocked, but if you stumble upon a house with people inside, you could need a bat, a shotgun, or a knife since this is the quietest weapon, to silence them before they alert the police.

You'll need to wait until nighttime before making your move - people will be sleeping, and you will have an easier time slipping in undetected and making off with the stereo or VCR. You can't rob a house during the day - people are too likely to be home (unemployment seems to be a real problem in San Andreas)!

Creep through the house. If you make a lot of noise the inhabitants, if any, will be alerted to your presence. Make sure to check out every room in the house-grabbing the 13 inch kitchen TV might seem like a smart move, but you might be passing up some real finds. Look for valuable items that are easy to carry: TVs, stereos, and VCRs.

Go room to room, and if anyone is home, well, that's what you brought the bat for. The people you run into might do any number of things, cower in fear, attack you (some citizens in San Andreas roll strapped!), scream for the police or even call the police - so its important to take care of them as soon as you are spotted. It's hard to get rid of stuff when the police are onto you!

Disposing of your ill gotten gains

With the homeowners out of the way, you can take your time and unload everything of value in the house.

Once you've gotten your haul secured in your van, a trip to your fence is definitely in order. Make sure you get a fair price for your efforts. Robbery is a growth industry, the money you make can be used to purchase any number of items from clothes and food to guns and properties, even businesses.

The smart thief is the one that travels. Don't just hit up the houses close to home, the ritzier neighborhoods tend to have a wider selection of luxury items, and the mark up is always great, particularly at the price you're paying, no price at all.

Here are all the main areas in the game & a breif description where known.

Los Santos

Rodeo

Rodeo Hotel

Didier Sachs

Victim

Beach Party Area

Richman Country Club

Market

Verona Mall

Market Station

Blastin' Fools Records

Los Santos Police Dept

Varrios Los Aztecas

Idlewood

Smoke's House

Tattoo Parlor

Reece's Barber Shop

The Well Stacked Pizza Co.

Ballas

Ganton

B-Dup's House

Grove Street Families

OG Loc's House

Sweet's House

Crime Scene

East Los Santos

Basketball Courts

Pig Pen Strip Club

Los Santos Vagos

Mulholland

Burger Shot

Madd Dogg's Mansion

Vinewood Hills Mansion

Blueberry

Palomino Creek

Drive-Thru Confessions

Bank

Hanky Panky Point

Rodeo

West Los Santos. A very upscale neighborhood with some of the most expensive retail outlets in America, let alone Los Santos. With views over Santa Maria Beach to the south and Los Santos Inlet and Flint County to the west. Expensive, highly desirable, for intense capitalists.

Rodeo Hotel

If you need a very expensive place from which to base your assault on the exclusive shops of Rodeo, then why not stay at the Rodeo Hotel? The hotel where legends stay. Including the film stars, directors, models and war criminals from Vinewood's golden age.

Didier Sachs

High fashion at it's very highest. For those who are willing to spend a lot of money to cover up their inadequacies. Fashion never cost so much.

Victim

If you're a non selective victim, then Victim is the store for you. A wonderful retail house, where people can enhance their self-worth thanks to a huge array of fashion designer apparel.

Beach Party Area

Beauty spot popular with late night revelers. Impromptu beach parties common, occasionally descend into gang violence. But parties usually safe and friendly. Which is why we shut them down.

Richman Country Club

Where the rich play golf and shower together in exclusive surroundings, and pay a fortune for the privilege.

Market

Home to “Blastin' Fools Records” - the leading gangster rap label in the world. And very socially responsible they are too. Always pay their police bribes on time.

Verona Mall

The Verona Mall is arguable the high point of American culture. A wonderful shopping center built in a place of very low average rainfall with beautiful weather, in which some very intelligent planner decided to build a roof over the street. Just think about that for a second - A shopping center, in a desert, with protection from rainfall.

Market Station

Public transport links that the auto industry have been trying to close down for years.

Blastin' Fools Records

Number one ganster rap label in the world. Popular form of idiomatic street poetry (rap) set to music (or beats in their parlance) in which the protagonist displays a macho and testosterone-fuelled response to the perceived realities of life in the Los Santos ghetto. Or so it says in this book. Luckily, I don't read much.

Los Santos Police Dept

Fighting a vicious fight against crime and the fact that being a fireman is a lot more glamorous.

Varios Los Aztecas

Extremely dangerous Hispanic street gang. Violent. Proud. Psychotic. Heavily involved in gun running, street violence. Have traditionally been anti-narcotics. Long term gang feud with Los Santos Vagos, as well as rivalries with all other street gangs in Los Santos. Dislike of San Fierro Rifa. Wear turquoise.

Idlewood

Contested turf, currently under control of FRONT YARD BALLAS, a major set of BALLAS. Old Reece's Barber Shop has been the local news service for years. Worth hitting up for information.

Smoke's House

Subject: Melvin "Big Smoke" Harris

Grove Street Families O.G.

Not the shot caller, but a powerful influence, especially over restaurant choice. Extremely overweight. Multiple arrests and convictions, but has never served a long jail sentence. Why not? Family background uncertain. Delusions of grandeur. Regards himself as potential savior and ruler of known universe.

Tattoo Parlor

Tattoos are popular with gang members who like showing that they can write on themselves. It is an important part of the initiation process, I've heard.

Reece's Barber Shop

Elderly hairdresser Reece - A man who gives you what you ask for, and doesn't worry too much how you look. His crimes are many, but most of them are against fashion.

The Well Stacked Pizza Co.

Great pizzas. We had these at the station party last week. Still - You know what they say - A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips, especially in my wife's case.

Ballas

The Ballas are one of the major criminal organizations in Los Santos. A street gang that have been around since the 1970's. Wear color PURPLE - Thought to denonte respect on streets. Or is it Roman? Involved in drug dealing, gang bashing, prostitution, arms dealing, vandalism, degeneracy. Sworn enemy of all families' sets, especially Orange Grove Street. Origins shrouded in mystery. Heavily involved in cocaine trade. Thought to be developing ties with Mexican (drugs) and Russian (weapons) mobs.

Other terms -

Ball-sacks / Ball eaters / Ball-less / Ball Busters - All derogatory

Purples / Playas - Positive.

Lawless, mindless. Attempts to infiltrate have mainly failed. Thought to be uncontrollable. CRASH team investigating, under Officer Tenpenny. He is deeply ingrained in street culture and is to be given freedom to do whatever it takes.

Ganton

Tough suburb. So tough I wished my mother-in-law lived there. Serious social problems persist, including, but not limited to, drugs, car crime, murder, stupidity and self-deception. Home to the Grove Street Families, once the toughest and most respected gang in South Central Los Santos, now seriously in decline. Them's the breaks. Grove Street runs west to east through Ganton and ends in a cul-de-sac populated by the oldest Grove Street Families.

B-Dup's House

Home of Grove Street OG - B-Dup. Rumors suggest he has drifted apart from gang banging and into other activities. Allegations of false imprisonment and kidnapping of friends persist.

Grove Street Families

Subject: Grove Street Families - Original street gang in Los Santos.

Notes: Now seriously in decline - Internal disputes?

Elder members (O'G's) include Sean "Sweet" Johnson, Melvin "Big Smoke" Harris, Lance "Ryder" Wilson, Mark "B-Dup" Wayne, Barry "Big Bear" Thorne...Spheres of influence diminishing.

Thought to have no serious involvement in drugs trade, which has led to their decline. Some OGs heavily involved in PCP business.

Wear color GREEN.

OG Loc's House

Home of Wannabe Gangsta Rapper, Jeffery Martin. No criminal record. Some unpaid parking fines. Unlikely to be a threat. Do not, repeat do not listen to his music.

Sweet's House

Home of Sweet Johnson - Shot caller for Grove Street Families.

Notes: Under investigation for murder, gang banging, car crime, and sundry other activities. Regards himself as a community leader. Believes gangs are a positive influence in the community. Virulently anti the spread of cocaine within the community. Naive, but powerful. Uncontrollable.

Family: Beverly Johnson (mother)

Kendl Johnson (sister - no major affiliations)

Brian Johnson - Deceased.

Carl Johnson - Whereabouts unknown. Possibly on the East Coast.

Crime Scene

Typical happy citizens on the streets of Ganton.

East Los Santos

Stuck between Ballas, Vagos and Grove Street turf, this neighborhood has been contested ground for years. Because this neighborhood contains community basketball courts, a skate park and the towers there is always some gang activity. Control seems to be impossible but desired by all. Not quite sure why.

Basketball Courts

Popular with those with an over developed pituitary gland.

Pig Pen Strip Club

Definitely a club where gentlemen prove they are gentlemen, just as the whole force did at the last holiday party.

Los Santos Vagos

Subject: Hispanic Gang.

Origins: Unknown.

Gang Color: YELLOW.

Notes: Sworn enemies of Varios Los Aztecas, another street gang. Extremely dangerous.

Mulholland

The hills above Los Santos and home to the stars. Anyone that can afford to live here does - luxurious, exclusive, and uninsurable.

Burger Shot

Major hamburger chain. Popular with parole programs.

Since surviving claims that meat contained human remains after incident a few years ago, Burger Shot has gone from strength to strength.

Now proudly claims "Our burgers are 100% organic, with only the choicest cuts of face, genital and spinal column to make a truly tasty and nutritious burger".

Madd Dogg's Mansion

Subject: Madd Dogg - Recording Artist.

Notes: Problems with alcohol, cocaine, egomania persist, raps a lot about being a gangster.

No criminal record. No gang affiliation. Lives in his Vinewood Mansion, never on streets. Benign presence - unlikely to cause major social problems aside from his immediate circle.

Vinewood Hills Mansion

Home of the rich and famous. Playground of mega-wealthy entertainment moguls, plastic surgeons and divorce-lawyers.

Blueberry

At the very center of the state of San Andreas, Blueberry is a farming community and home to the Fleischberg Brewery. To the west of local farm, Blueberry Acres lies a large hill, known locally as the Panopticon. The Panopticon affords views of both Bone and Flint Counties and Easter Basin Airport, serving San Fierro. We're sure some crime takes place here, only currently, we don't know what.

Palomino Creek

Locked between San Andreas Sound and Fisher's Lagoon, Palomino looks out towards the bright lights of Las Venturas. Local beauty spot, Hanky Panky Point, is notorious as a local make-out location. Popular with young couples and dirty old men.

Drive-Thru Confessions

What do you do when you really need to get something off your chest, fast! The solution for the extremely devout, in a hurry.

Bank

This bank has been robbed so many times, we've given up protecting it. Although we don't admit that.

Hanky Panky Point

Local beauty spot notorious as a make-out location. Popular with young couples and dirty old men.

Yes you can get tatoos!

http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/screenshots/images/screen_84.jpg

• Join the beta!

Become a member and help bring fan communities back to life!

• Latest Club Activity